The show command has two applications.
- Show settings for Set parameters (see below)
- Show the files in your file list, that is the files that you have selected to search.
- Example: show files
Example Uses of Set
Commands Usage Examples, Notes
set file #(s) or
set <file name(s)>
- Use in DialIndex or OneSearch
- set medicine,88
- set 145, 275, 628
set hi on <or off>
set hilight on
- Hilight emboldens the search terms in the returned records.
- This supposedly can only be used in databases that have a KWIC capability.
- You can add some symbol (* or - or other) to provide some further identification surrounding the search terms.
set keyword in context - set the number of words
set kwic nn
set k nn
- kwic displays results showing search terms surrounded by text.
- You specify the number of surrounding words to be displayed:
set kwic 50