BE SURE TO USE:
COMMAND USAGE NOTES
help rates <file number>
- help rates 415
- To find database rates
- Checks costs during a search.
- Be sure to use periodically to assess the costs of your searching as you are doing it.
- You can put your searching on one or more databases on hold for up to 10 minutes.
- But, only use pause if you are going to be doing something database-related for NO LONGER THAN A FEW SECONDS.
- This eliminates that database connect charges for the period of the pause, BUT pause has its own charge.
- Basic Dialog connect charges still run on, so this is not as useful as
logoff, disc, off, bye, quit, stop
- Exits you out of Dialog.
- Use this if you are going to be doing something database-related for LONGER THAN A FEW SECONDS.
- How much your search costs were will be displayed.
logoff hold (also: off hold, bye hold, etc.)
- Also exits you, but keeps the your search results or "sets" for 30 minutes.
- Within this period, you can reconnect to your search.
- Log on through exactly the same connection (computer and connection) used in the previous session.
- Enter your same Dialog user number and password.
- You should receive the message reconnected rather than logon plus a confirmation of the file to which you have been reconnected.
- Enter the ds (display sets) command, which should display the sets created prior to your logoff hold command.
- You can, then, resume your search.
save temp myfile2
- Saves a search for 7 days.
- Save it as a 1-6 character name.
- Eg: save temp myfil2
- Can be executed later with the exs command
- Eg: exs myfil2